Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Armani Eyes to Kill Shadow Quad #8 Parma - Review

Sometimes I do stupid shit like buy makeup without reading reviews first. Usually this doesn't get me into any trouble because it's drug store stuff under $5. One time, I bought the Armani "Eyes to Kill" Palette in 08- Parma without reading any reviews because I thought "It's fucking Armani, what can go wrong?!".

Turns out, a lot can go wrong. I'll preface this by saying I like my eye shadows like I like my sex - intense, life changing and.. very pigmented? That analogy didn't get very far, sorry. Either way, I was pretty damn disappointed with this quad because for the price, USD $60, it was nothing I wanted. 

It looks chic on the outside and inside, like all Armani products:

It even has a little compartment under the shadows that holds some sponges that I discovered that made me feel like a super secret spy! (I've been binge watching Burn Notice. Don't judge)
The sponges even have the logo on them, which I was like "whoa that's super neato. GG Armani!"

But unfortunately, something was rotten in the state of.. Armani. I'm really off my game tonight :(.

Onwards to the review.
As you probably guessed by the name, the eye shadow quad has four colors in it. They're unnamed on the back, and I don't think the insert that came with the case had the names on it either.
The top most color is a very light pink almost champagne color. The second color is a brighter pink, most associated with girly baby showers. The third color is a very shimmery grey purple that switches in the light. The last color is a deep purple, and is the most pigmented of all four colors. None of the colors are matte, although the deep purple comes closest with the least amount of sparkle/shimmer out of the four.

Here are swatches on my NW15 skin over Benefit's Stay Don't Stray and NYX Milk:
Without Flash:
With Flash:

From left to right are color no.1, 2, 3, and 4. It took me an insane amount of time to build up the color enough to get these swatches as pigmented as they look. I'm talking like 10 minutes of elbow grease just swiping up and down my damn arm to get this. Yeah. I mean, if you want really unintense eye shadow, these are the ones for you. But I love neon colors and stuff so I was severely disappointed with these.

Also, unfortunately, these eye shadows are extremely chalky and have fuckloads of fallout. I feel like Edward Cullen right now because of all the fallout on my cheeks from putting this stuff on.

The chalkiness:


I guess I feel like if NYX can make super awesome shit that is literally 20% of the price of this Armani quad with more eye shadows Armani can step up their game.


Anyway, I still fucking love their men's Acqua di Gio cologne, and their lipsticks are amazing. But damn, I was disappointed at this and it really was my fault :(

Here it is on my eyes:


Fyi I put that on like 10 minutes ago and it already faded. Just, WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment