Wednesday, February 5, 2014

MORE NYX LIP THINGS

Well, yes, it's been forever, but on the bright side that means I have lots of shit to post about I guess. 
Some of that stuff is from NYX, one of my favorite brands of lip products :3
Today I have a round case lip stick, lip gloss, and matte lip cream, all of which I actually really like though they don't all do what they say they'll do (I'm looking at you, moodmatcher lip gloss).

Also, I really gotta stop buying pink and red lipsticks. It's becoming a problem.

Ok on to reviews!


From left to right: NYX soft matte lip cream in San Paulo, NYX "Mood" lip gloss, and NYX lipstick in Miracle

1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo
This product reminds me of those lipsticks that go on liquid and dry to matte because that's exactly what it does. Unlike Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, however, this never completely dries on my lips (this could just be my bad habit of biting my lips) until a few hours have passed. Consequently, it lasts for quite a while. It goes on mostly true to color of the tube, but dries slightly lighter. For me, it settles into the cracks of my lips which I've come to expect from most matte lip products.

Before and After:


NYX "Mood" Lip Gloss
So I'll admit I got this purely because I fucking love stuff that changes color on you, like those stupid mood rings you see at the mall. Yes, I never grew out of that phase. Yes, I am aware Dior and Tarte both sell a version of a mood matcher lip thing. But I wanted to try NYX because I love them. This lip gloss supposedly goes on clear and changes color to a pink based on the acidic content of your lips. It certainly changes to pink for me, which is pretty neat. It doesn't last long though, because it's a lip gloss and those kinda blow for lasting any time at all. I'd say it lasts <2 hours on me with my lip biting habit without drinking or eating. But when it is on it looks fab so there's that.

Before and After:

NYX lipstick in Miracle
I got this out of my December Ipsy bag, and while that bag was pretty awesome this was the best thing in it. No, I'm not affiliated with Ipsy in any way because lol, no one would ever sponsor me. BUT this lipstick is the shit. It's a lovely, flattering pink that pops with my beige skin tone, and has a tiny bit of sparkle. The only problem I have with it is it dries my lips out after several hours of wear. But on the bright side, it lasts for several hours so there's that. I just make sure to exfoliate my lips before and after and wear plenty of chapstick because I don't want to give up my pretty lipstick. If you have exceptionally dry lips, though, I wouldn't really go for this lipstick as it will dry you the fuck out.

Before and After


PS: I'm not affiliated with NYX either. I just really fucking love their shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment