Thursday, February 6, 2014

FOTD

So I'm going to Sephora today despite the Snowpocalypse (yeah, we actually had like 1/8th an inch of snow!) so I decided to put on some makeup. 

Here's a before and after:


I'm gonna sort of show you how I did it, or at least explain wtf I did in case you really want to look like a clown slapped you upside the face and/or you love pinkish red lips. Though my brows look fab, thank you Benefit Brow Bar!

PS: Yes my nose is crooked, I dunno why, but it's my nose and I love it.

ONWARD:


Products:
The shit I used (plus a Kovu the Cat):
-Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
-Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation in 02 Beige Clair
-Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
-Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
-Too Faced 16 Hour Bronzer
-Stila Kitten Eye Shadow
-Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in Onyx
-Benefit Brow-zings in Medium
-theBalm Fratboy blush
-Real Techniques brushes: Expert Face Brush, Duo-fiber Eye Brush, Duo-fiber Face Brush, Stippling Brush, and Duo-fiber contour brush
-Nyx round case lipstick in Rose

Holy shitsnacks that's a buttload of products. Anyway, first I prime my face after I wash and moisturize it. I also can't think of moisturizing without thinking of this episode of Dr. Who:

Here's my only primed face:

You should also add sunscreen during this step. I didn't because I am bad at life. While I wait for that to set, I do my eyes and eyebrows. I would actually recommend, after doing my makeup today, doing your eyebrows last because my foundation managed to smudge the shit out of my eyebrows.

Here's a pic of the after effects of doing my eyes + brows

And then it's time to do foundation. I'm gonna take a sec and say today was the first time I tried the RT expert face brush and holy shit I loved it. My foundation has literally never looked this good. I don't know why, maybe they made it out of unicorn tail hairs or something but it just was like Gandalf came and said "Ok you can pass" and thus my foundation became perfect today. 

So here's that 

I mean goddamn. Anyway, I then put on my bronzer and blush because why not. A word to the wise: Fratboy blush is beyond pigmented. I accidently got too much on my brush and subsequently on my cheek and now I look like I went to clown school sort of. I love the color, but jesus you need to use a light hand. On the flip side of that coin, I have to use like 6 applications of Too Faced's bronzer to get anything out of it, which is weird. 

So there's that going on:

I literally blended my cheeks for about 7 minutes before just giving up. LITERALLY 7 MINUTES OF BLENDING. Which wasn't bad because the RT brushes are really super soft, but still that's just silly. 

And then add lipstick and voila. 

Bonus mock Dean from Super Natural Blue Steel picture (does that even make sense?)
Absolutely flawless

PS: I'm, as always, not affiliated with anyone cause lol



No comments:

Post a Comment