Saturday, March 22, 2014

Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio in Autochrome - Review

Lately I've just wanted everything to be purple. My nails and my makeup, mainly. I'm blaming this on binge-playing Diablo 3 and it's extremely dark color scheme (wouldn't that be more red though? Whatever.)

Luckly for me, Smashbox's eye shadows are extremely pigmented and I only have to go down to Sephora or Ulta and pick them up to get my fix. I got the Autochrome Trio, and was immediately blown away by it's awesomeness. 

Here's a picture of my face with it on, and then the review is after the cut as per usual:
I'm wearing a bunch of other shit in the photo, if you're curious what it is comment and I can tell you.
So the trio comes in the usual Smashbox container; that is, a sturdy black plastic round case with a clear over-view so you can see the colors on the inside. The label is printed on the clear part in their characteristic script. On the back the colors are clearly printed on a diagram matching the peace symbol-ish way the colors are arranged inside the compact, so it's easy to infer which color is which. When you lift the back flap, Smashbox gives you helpful directions on how to best apply the eye shadow for a good effect. I did not follow these directions, you can if you want.

The compact:

With the lid open:

The back:

And with the label lifted:

The shadows themselves are very pigmented, as I already mentioned. I mean, you could probably wear these without primer, but I wouldn't recommend it. I honestly didn't want to swatch them with NYX milk because laaaaaaazy but decided I needed to for the sake of consistency because they didn't seem to need it since they were so pigmented in the first place. Also run on sentences. 

So a swatch without flash:

A swatch with flash:

As you can tell, none of them are matte. They vary from extremely sparkly to simply shimmery. This and other Smashbox trios retail for $28.00 at both Sephora and Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment