Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Wayne Goss Foundation Method- A How To

Yeah it's been forever- literally a month since I posted. Sorry =/ On the bright side, I've taken lots of pictures to post so maybe I'll get around to actually doing that.

So Wayne Goss posted this video and the makeup world collectively shit its pants: http://youtu.be/EyQsVyGadbY

Essentially, you prime, powder, then foundation, which is a different formula than the regular prime, foundation, then powder. The biggest kicker is- it actually works. Trust me, ever since it got posted I've been trying it every which way, trying to figure out just how to fuck it up and I've figured out that 1) it is semi-hard to fuck up and 2) it works amazingly well. 

So I'm gonna teach you guys how to do it. Realistically, you could just watch Mr. Goss' video and learn, because honestly he is about a million times the makeup artist I could ever think to be, but I already took the pictures and I've already written this much, I might as well post some damn pics to go with this much text.

Also I'm trying not doing a break now. So now you don't have to click to look. Yay!

First you put put on your primer, like so:
I generally do this, and then spread it all over my face. The reason for this method and looking slightly insane for about a minute is it keeps the primer evenly distributed so it isn't all concentrated in one corner of your face, and you actually end up using less primer (or at least I have found I do).
I used Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer.

This is my face post-primer, it has gotten noticeably paler, which is fine:

Next, you put on a light layer of powder. This time, I used MUFE HD Powder:
 As Mr. Goss says, you want to use a very fine powder. For the purposes of the tutorial, I used the MUFE powder because it's the only actually loose powder I own, but I've found this method works also well with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders as long as you don't over powder your face.

And now, foundation! I'm going to use NYX's BB Cream and Real Technique's Expert Face Brush:
As you can (hopefully) see, my foundation looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself. There's almost no shine and it hasn't clung to my dry patches. A word of advice- while this method does work well with NYX BB cream, it works best with "true" foundations, aka Guerlain Lingerie de Peau and MUFE HD Foundation, the two I've been able to test it with. I've found I had to blot after maybe 4 hours with the NYX BB cream, but I didn't have to blot at all with my other foundations. 

Now we add some eye shadow, liner, mascara, contouring, and brows, and we're done!:

No comments:

Post a Comment