Friday, September 6, 2013

Face of the Day

One of these days I will actually swatch stuff, but for now I'm going to review stuff I've actually just put on my face.
I decided to do my full face makeup today because 1) I'm excruciatingly bored waiting for the fiance to answer his texts and 2) I've been inspired by this hilarious lady. I just can't stop reading her reviews and posts! And then I was like "huh, I should do my makeup so I can go outside today and actually buy makeup to review/swatch and maybe be as awesome as her" (which won't happen, she's too awesome), and thus my face was done. 

Except for all the products I use (which seems like a lot), it doesn't look like I did a lot. I think this is good? Is it good? Not sure, but my mom would say yes. OK pictures and descriptions under here!

So here's a general picture of all the makeup I use for my usual "done up everyday" face.


I count twelve products. TWELVE. That's the number of lives the doctor has! 

Here they are labelled:
1) Too Faced Endless Summer 16 Hour Long-Wear Bronzer
2) Pixi Lash Booster Mascara
3) the Balm Mary Lou-Manizer
4) Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup foundation in 07 Cream Chamois
5) (ok this isn't really makeup BUT IT'S A TOOL) Ulta's Eyelash Curler
6) Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish
7) Nyx Bronze Smokey Look Kit - I used the very middle Champagne color
8) Nyx Cream Blush in Golden
9) Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion
10) Dermalogical Clearing Mattifyer (as my foundation primer)
11) Shiro Cosmetics Eye Shadow in War of Five Armies
12) Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder Oil-Free in 02 Stay Neutral

Just wow. And here is the end result in my shitty house lighting with me making a weird face:


And here's the result out in the brutal sun of Texas:

I think firstly, I really need new primer (or even actual primer >.>). Secondly, I need to not forget to fill in my brows. Thirdly, I totally forgot to put on my favorite lipstick right now, which is Ulta's lip crayon in fashionista. Which is silly because I should go to Neiman Marcus and get my samples of Armani's Rouge lipsticks but I'm soooooooooooo lazy. :( And the fiance won't go with me. Oh, and learn I need to learn how to blend.

However, a lot of the products I use I really love, like Too Faced's bronzer and Pixi's mascara. I'd honestly never found a mascara I liked until I got that one in my August Ipsy bag. 

And of course, when I came back in from making my neighbors think I was crazy, this was happening:

Oh Butters the Hutt, at least you didn't actually try and eat any of it.

EDIT: So I just went to Starbucks (their blueberry muffins are so fucking addictive!) and when the barista was handing me my drink she said "By the way, we think you're gorgeous". No idea why she said it, but that totally made my week/month/year! So if you ever read this random starbucks barista with the blonde pixi cut with green highlights and the super cute features, you just made someone's day infinitely better!

No comments:

Post a Comment