Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam

NYX has come out with a liquid illuminator that is supposed to be lightweight and gives the skin "a refreshed glow and beautiful highlight". I am willing to try just about anything, so of course I saw it and picked it up. Someone on MUA said in a comment that it was a dupe for Benefit Highbeam, and because I am a cheap bastard I decided I would try this first. Because that totally makes sense, amirite? If I could find the comment I would and award them gold because I swatched these back to back in the store and it is an extremely good dupe for Highbeam, so much so I actually don't feel like I'm missing out, which is wonderful because now I don't have to go spend the $26 on High beam. Hooray.

Anyway, the packaging for the NYX illuminator is is rather small at 0.6 fluid ounces. It's plastic but not flimsy, thank goodness, so I feel like if I were to throw it across the room in a rage for whatever reason it wouldn't break apart. It's finals time, it could happen. The top part is pinkish and semi-duo toned, I suppose to mimic the inside product. The cap is twist off and the product inside dispenses when you squeeze it.
And a slightly better picture

It's got the traditional cutesy NYX hearts on it, which I like. It's really quite nice, and the product is very easy to control. 
It's hard to notice unless you put a gob of it on, which I think is good? Because I mean that's sort of the point of highlighter. BUT IT'S SUPER FUCKING SPARKLY SO WATCH OUT.
Here's a swatch of it:
With flash, blended and unblended:

Without flash, blended and unblended:

Yeah you can sort of see how easily it would turn into a glitter bomb.

Now here it is on my face. I apologize for the yeti brows. I've since had them done.
You can't really notice it, I suppose, but it's in a C shape around my eyes, on the tip of my nose, and on my cupid's bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment