Thursday, April 24, 2014

Givenchy Le Rouge #301 Magnolia Organza

Or why I spent $36USD on lipstick. It isn't that ridiculous. Guerlain charges $51USD on their space dildo (aka Rouge G Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact) lipstick which I have, somewhat shamefully, seriously considered buying. 

And honestly? *Spoiler alert: It was totally worth it.* It's almost everything I could want in a lipstick.The only thing it doesn't do is buy me more makeup, which I guess I can forgive.

It comes in a swanky box that mimics the leather outer casing of the tube itself.
In case you're confused, it's on the left. 

The tube itself is decently heavy, which I adore. It's actually 3.4g, seemingly a lot heavier than my other lipsticks. It makes me feel like I'm carrying some precious cargo, which I am, or like I'm carrying around a secret spy gun. I miss you Burn Notice :( It has little blunt spikes on two sides, with the house logo on top and the name brand up a silver-looking stripe on the side or front, depending on which way you look at it.

The bottom of course has the house brand name on it, and the label of the lipstick.

And now for the good part- the lipstick itself. Oh god, the color. Here's the color next to the packaging.
It's so. fucking. pigmented. And bright and pretty and I fucking love it. Sephora describes it as a "bright reddish pink", and I would say that's accurate but on my MUFE N115 skintone it leans more pink than red.
As you can see, the house logo is printed on the lipstick itself. Luxe all up in this bitch.

AND NOW SWATCHES.
Swatch with flash, one swipe:

Swatch without flash, one swipe:

And here's me wearing it:

No comments:

Post a Comment